Call for abstracts about ANIMAL NUTRITION for the 70th Annual Meeting of EAAP
The 70th EAAP annual meeting will be held from 26 to 30 August 2019 in Ghent, Belgium. We look forward to an exciting meeting with the following Animal Nutrition sessions:
- Dietary functional components: effects on animal performance, health and environment
Dietary functional components such as carotenois, fatty acids, phenolics compounds, bioactive peptides etc. can have a positive impact on animals’ performance and health and can reduce also the greenhouse gas emissions.
- Algae as animal feed
Algae have been investigated intensively in the past years for their application as a sustainable protein source in livestock feed. Specific nutrients and bioactive ingredients in algae also seem promising to improve animal health and performance while reducing the environmental footprint for both monogastric and ruminant species. This session will explore recent developments on the various aspects of microalgae as well as macroalgae (seaweed) in animal nutrition.
- Former food in animal nutrition: advantages and challenges
Based on current data, former food products and by-products have an excellent potential use as alternative feed ingredients for livestock production, even though their full nutritional, functional, safety and sustainability evaluation cannot be considered as complete. Accordingly the session will try to cover these topics as well as the future challenges.
- EAAP/FEFANA one-day symposium “Role of Specialty Feed Ingredients in tackling societal challenges: mitigating the environmental impact of animal farming and reducing the need for antibiotic use in livestock”
This one-day symposium aims to stimulate innovations in the domain of specialty feed ingredients and strengthening its role in meeting societal challenges, with a special focus on the mitigation of environmental impacts of livestock farming and the reduction of antibiotic use.
- Societal concerns, with focus on environment and antimicrobial resistance, that can be addressed through animal nutrition: state of science and specialty feed ingredients
During the morning session the focus lies on the state of the art and the knowledge.
- Implementing innovative solutions in animal nutrition: tools and success stories from the field to tackle environmental issues and to reduce the need of antibiotic use in animal farming
During this afternoon session the focus lies on the implementation of innovative solutions: tools and success stories from the field.
- Feed efficiency and enteric methane emission of cattle
Improving feed efficiency and reducing the enteric methane emission of cattle remain important for both farm economic and societal reasons, with the Paris COP agreements. This session is a collaboration between 3 commissions: Nutrition, Cattle, Genetics and therefore aims to cover new strategies and opportunities from different disciplines in order to improve feed efficiency and reduce enteric methane.
More Animal Nutrition sessions (free communications) will be organized depending on the abstracts that we will receive for the EAAP annual meeting.
General information on the 70th meeting is available at www.eaap2019.org/
About the abstract submission procedure
The proceedings of the meeting will be handled by Wageningen Academic Publishers. Authors are asked to follow the instructions on www.eaap2019.org/abstract-submission/ when submitting their abstract into the abstract database. The deadline for abstracts is 1 March 2019!
Please do not hesitate to share this information with your colleagues!
We are looking forward to seeing you in Ghent!